WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
“Brilliant course. Probably the best works training course I have ever been on”.
“Really effective sales training, thank you. I’ve learned to acknowledge and not think that an interaction went badly just because they didn’t react how I expected”.
“Sean was an excellent trainer…interesting, inspiring and very knowledgeable. He made the course extremely relevant to our company’s way of selling, which is very unique and not usually covered by sales training courses. Our needs were met very well with practical tips and guidance on how to handle and react to the different personality types that we encounter every day on the road”.
“The training was excellent and very useful. Sean was great. It’s not just his knowledge on the matter, it was also the way he masterfully kept adjusting the content and delivery of the training to fit the group and the individuals within it”.
Red Door Training is an innovative and forward looking coaching and development enterprise created by Sean Randell.
With over 25 years’ experience in people-centred projects and customer-facing organisations, Sean has developed and refined his skill and expertise across a wide range of sectors, including commercial recruitment, corporate development, consultancy, international talent management and organisational capability.
Sean has worked in both domestic and international settings with an impressive array of private, public and government organisations, including:
- Capita Learning and Development.
- Lockheed Martin.
- The House of Commons.
- The BBC.
- Channel 4.
- British Gas.
- Northern Trust.
- The Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- The NHS.
- Blue Arrow/Impellam Staffing Services
- The Recruitment and Employment Confederation.
Sean displays classic yellow/red behavioural preferences on the Insights Discovery model. Outgoing, enthusiastic and empathetic, Sean’s professional manner is approachable and authoritative. His extensive experience of motivating individuals and teams has honed his capacity to both challenge and empower. Sean has a unique ability to gently lead people out of their comfort zone – encouraging them to examine the ingrained behaviour patterns and long-held assumptions that may actually be hindering their performance and their development.
Another attribute exclusive to Red Door Training is Sean’s skill in using mild provocation to stimulate people’s interest and engagement, helping them to ‘buy in’ to opportunities they may not have considered possible.
Sean Randell is widely qualified and accredited by a number of respected organisations:
- Prosci Change Practitioner.
- Fellow of the Institute of Recruitment Professionals (FIRP).
- Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) Accredited Trainer.
- NVQ Level 4 Guardian Services Technique for Trainers.
- Management training, including: Leadership and Management, HR, Building a Team, Business Development.
- TAP (Training Accreditation Programme) certificate.
- Insights Psychometric Profiling.
- MiRo Psychometric Practitioner and Accreditor.
- Myers-Briggs Practitioner.
Sean’s portfolio of accreditations was recently enhanced with the award of the ILM Level 5 Practical Coaching qualification. Awarded by the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM), this qualification acknowledges the evidence of Sean’s professional expertise and competence to provide coaching and mentoring in a variety of settings.
Roy Robertson, Operations Director
Roy and Sean have been Civil Partners since 2007, and in 2016 Roy joined Sean as a business partner in Red Door Training. As Operations Director, Roy manages the business aspects of Red Door Training, liberating Sean to concentrate on the essential matters of designing and delivering training services to clients.
Roy’s responsibilities include:
- Financial management and billing.
- Marketing and promotion.
- Creation of training material.
- Support at training and client-facing events.
An experienced and versatile professional, Roy’s varied career has ranged from public relations and marketing, to radiotherapy and finally to business management. His diverse roles have encompassed:
- Marketing Management at two major further education colleges.
- Public Relations in private consultancy, charitable and local government sectors.
- Clinical Radiotherapy in three leading NHS Oncology Centres.
Roy’s qualifications include:
- B.Sc. Hons in Therapeutic Radiography.
- M.A. Hons in English.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing – Advanced Certificate in Marketing.
Interestingly, Sean and Roy display diametrically opposing psychometric profiles on the Insights Discovery model. Sean’s strong yellow/red profile is ideal for motivational interaction with other people and for typically adopting an optimistic ‘big picture’ stance. This is complemented by Roy’s predominantly blue/green profile, with its characteristic cool-headed attention to detail and logical strategy.